It is not just competition but immense blessings to offer Lord Krishna the recitation of Bhagavad-gita Slokas on His Janmashtami. If you have not registered yet…
Scroll for competition details.
Who can participate in this competition?
- Bala gopal (upto 7 yrs)
- Nanda gopal (7+ to 12yrs)
- Nanda Kishore (12+ to 17 yrs)
Criteria for evaluation
- Sloka has to be recited out of memory
- Translation accuracy of meaning
- Clarity of video & restricting to video time limit
- If there is a tie, then the winner will be decided based on the number of likes, views and comments on your posts
Step 1: Register for the event
- Register now if you have not yet registered: Registration Link
Step 2: Record your performance
- Bhagavad-Gita slokas only. Mention sloka numbers before chanting the slokas.
- Bala gopal (upto 7 yrs): 2 slokas, max 1 min video
- Nanda gopal (7+ to 12yrs): 5 slokas, max 2 min video
- Nanda Kishore (12+ to 17 yrs): 5 slokas with translation, max 3 min video
- Begin your video by chanting
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
- For Slokas & translations refer to “Bhagavad-gita as it is” by AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupad: https://vedabase.io/en/library/bg/
Step 3: Upload your performance on Facebook/Instagram with hashtags
- Upload your performance on your own facebook page or instagram page
- Your submission post must have the following 3 hash tags
- Copy and paste these 2 hashtags #IskconWhitefield #SlokaForKrishna
- Thirdly add your participant-id-hashtag too! How to make this hashtag?
- Procedure to prepare participant-id-hashtag: When you register, you will receive a payment receipt mail. In that you will find the payment id, just as this (pay_FH3YNO433N4q6l)
- Just replace the “pay_” with “#”, that will be your participant id. Your participant-id-hashtag should look like this #FH3YNO433N4q6l (This is just an example, you have to make your own participant-id-hashtag, following this procedure)
- Now that you have posted your performance in your facebook or instagram with the above mentioned 3 hash tags (If you don’t mention these tags we will not be able to identify you and hence you will be out of the competition!)
- Make sure your post is PUBLIC, otherwise we will never get to know that you have posted your submission
Step 4: IMPORTANT Report your performance submission
- Click the below button to report your performance submission
- Your submissions should be reported before via this "Report Now" Button before 13th Aug 2020, 6 pm
- Entries after that will not be considered for evaluation
Step 5: Anticipate an acknowledgement
- One of our volunteers will acknowledge your submission by commenting on your post at our earliest convenience.
- This will depend on the number of participants enrolled. Kindly bear with us if there is a delay few days.
- Meanwhile, watch out for the announcements in the #IskconWhitefield hashtag
- To enjoy our 48 hours non-stop Sri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations on our youtube channel, click here
Step 6: Results
The results will be declared on 24th August on our official FB and Instagram page.
Kindly note that the last date to participate is 13th August, 6:00 pm.
- Our official FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/IskconWhitefieldAecs/
- Our official Instagram handle: iskconwhitefield
Please “Like” the FB page and follow our Instagram handle to get updates on results.